Wednesday 28 May 2014

The Lacquer Legion: Garden

Hi everyone,
So it's almost the end of the month which means Lacquer Legion time! This months theme is Garden! When I first saw this design I was completely uninspired. I know the obvious design is flowers, but I didn't want to do that, I wanted to do something different and push myself to create something unique. The design I have come up with is nothing like my usual style of designs, but it's why I like it even more!


Here's the design:

I used Barry M Blueberry Ice Cream, Barry M Matt White, NYC High Line Green, Maybelline Color Show Urban Turquoise, Nails Inc Luminous Red and an unnamed brown nail polish.

You probably won't be able to guess, but this design is supposed to be showing an apple tree growing. It's inspired by the apple tree in my garden which we've had for about 5 years now. Each nail shows a different stage of tree growth:
New tree  Blossoming Tree  Apple/Buds growing  Apple Tree!














Here's is a closer look at the design:


Overall I'm quite happy with this design. I've never come up with 
anything like this before and it's personal to me too! The only thing I don't like about this design is the tree on my little finger - it's not neat at all and looks messy to me.

Did you guess this design when you first saw it?
Are you taking part in the Lacquer Legion?
Let me know what you think
Jayna
:)

18 comments:

  1. This design looks so cute! I totally saw what you meant by it, with the growing tree :) (well, only the apples were a bit of a mystery to me at first but when I read your explanation it all made sense!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robin! Haha, I realised that the red dots didn't really look like apples once I'd photographed them! :)

      Delete
  2. Looks very unique, love how you came up with something a bit different but pretty at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this and the idea behind it! all the detail is fab. Gorgeous! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing! Well done, Janya:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute, I can't work out why you don't like the tree on your pinky nail, it looks great to me :) I think you did a great job! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so pretty Jayna! I love love love nails like this! You've done a fantastic job, I'm feeling inspired! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much Emily - you're too kind! :)

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! I read every comment and reply to each one, but please do not post your blog link after your comment - these comments will be deleted. If you do want me to have a look at your blog you can send me an email at TheSequinedNail@gmail.com
:)

Related Posts Plugin